NOTIFICATION OF CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASE ON CAMPUS
September 21, 2020
Dear Tannahill Intermediate Families,
As part of White Settlement ISD’s practices to respond to COVID-19, we are notifying all TIS families, staff, and visitors that two individuals were lab-confirmed to have COVID-19. Due to privacy requirements, we will not release the names of the individual or details that may identify them.
We will work closely with the local health department on this matter. A careful review is being conducted, and we will directly notify any students, staff, or visitors who came into close contact with the infected individual. Operations at Tannahill Intermediate will continue as usual, and we will keep you informed if any further updates are needed. To prevent the further spread of the virus, those who were in close contact with the individual will remain off campus for up to 14 days to ensure they do not have the virus.
Close contact is defined as:
• Being directly exposed to infectious secretions (e.g. being coughed/sneezed on); or
• Being within 6 feet for a cumulative duration of 15 minutes or longer; however, additional factors like whether both individuals were consistently wearing a face covering, ventilation, the presence of desk shields, hand sanitizer, and case symptomology may affect this determination.
Please view this video to find out more about our COVID-19 procedures for suspected and confirmed cases.
While we do not have reason to believe that those who were not in close contact with the infected individual have reason to be concerned, we ask that you, as always, watch for symptoms of COVID-19.
Any of the following symptoms indicate a possible COVID-19 infection:
- Temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth;
- Sore throat;
- New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (or, for students with a chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline);
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain; or
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever; or
- Loss of taste or smell.
If you begin experiencing any of these symptoms in a way that his not typical, we encourage you to contact your physician. We encourage anyone who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 to notify our school at 817-367-1370.
For questions or concerns, please contact our Communications Director Desiree Coyle at 817.367.5389 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Superintendent of Schools